Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas Eve

Its Christmas Eve, and Nathalie could not be more excited. I've always waited for "the year." I'm sure those of you with little kids know what I'm talking about. This is definitely "the year" for Nathalie. The year that she's realized who Santa Claus is, and what presents are and how fun it is to give presents to other people. On Saturday we went to a Christmas party at a friend of my mom's, and Nathalie had made her a Christmas ornament. The pure excitement and delight that Nathalie beamed when giving that gift to "aunt" Judy was amazing. Today and tomorrow Sam and I both don't have work which to me is the best gift that we could ever be given, two days as a family of four with no outside influences tearing us away from those closest to us! This morning the four of us woke up and Sam and I allowed the kids each to open one present for Christmas Eve. Nathalie opened a Dora backpack full of games, Checkers, Bingo, Crazy Eights, Dominoes, Tic Tac Toe, Go Fish, Memory and Old Maid, which we've been playing with all day, I'm so glad she is getting so much enjoyment out of it. William opened up a blanket, its plush and has a firetruck, police car, and race car on it, he's been cuddling with it all day too, its so cute. After breakfast we took a walk to the park for a little while and then walked home. William went straight down for a nap, and because I don't think I've mentioned this I should say, in his big boy bed. He and Nathalie have been sleeping in Nathalie's room for a couple of weeks now, and it as been a surprisingly smooth transition. One night William woke up in the middle of the night and was welcomed with open arms into our bed, but thats been the extent of it really. My baby boy is getting so big. Daddy decided he was going to nap too, and I loved the way a nap sounded so Nathalie, Daddy and I all went and had "quite time" in Mommy and Daddy's bed, Nathalie never quite fell asleep so after about an hour of her being good and quite, I told her that she and I could get up which made her very happy. Tonight we will go to my sister's house for a Christmas Eve dinner of homemade Chili and then we'll spend the night at my parents house and spend Christmas there tomorrow. I hope that everyone has a Merry Christmas!

No comments: