Friday, November 02, 2007

Edith's Birthday

Today is Sam's moms birthday. She is 68 today. I called her about an hour ago and the joy in her voice made me tear up as I got off the phone. When Sam went up to visit her she had a heart attack which landed her back in the hospital. She was moved last week to a Rehab place, to help her try to walk again and things aren't looking good. The Rehab people and the cancer Dr both told Debbie (sam's sister) that they don't think Edith will ever walk again. She will not get any more chemo or radiation either, which I truly think is a good thing. I wish we were up there (in Oregon) to be with her, but with all thats going on in our life right now it would be so hard to just up and leave. I wanted to write this post just to say Happy birthday to Edith!

No comments: