Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Sam's Mom Oh yeah and its my birthday

At the end of last week Sam's sister Debbie took his mom to the Dr's and they discovered a spot on her Lungs. THey put her on Zithromax thinking that it may be an infection. Saturday Debbie rushed her to the ER because she was slurring her speech really badly and they were thinking that maybe she had a stroke. Luckily no stroke was involved...However, they sent her for a follow up w/ her primary care on Tuesday. At the follow up Edith's doctor found another spot on her lungs and immeadiately had her admitted to the hospital. After perfoming an MRI, they realized that one of the two tumors in her lungs had a lesion and had broken off and lodged itself in her tempral lobe (BRAIN) which has been causing her severe headaches, as well as the slurring of her words. Today they went in through her nose and took tissue out of the lung tumors in order to run tests to see what kind of cancer this is and how far developed it is. The dr believes that the tumor in her brain may be removable by surgery but we won't find out for sure until tomorrow. so please think good thoughts and for those of you that pray PRAY hard.

Today is my 28th birthday, only 2 more years until 30. My daughter who is 3 insisted that I needed cupcakes for my birthday and that she needed to make them for me. And so she did. I measured everything out, she poured it into the bowl, mixed it herself with the mixer and scooped into the cupcake holders. I cooked them. and I took some pictures that I'll try to post tomorrow. Saturday I'm going wine tasting via limo with my mom, sister, and 5 friends and can't wait as I've never done that before.

No comments: