Sunday, September 30, 2007

The latest on Sam's mom (Edith)



This picture of Nathalie showing her grandma a crawdad from our trip to Oregon in August makes me happy. I'm so happy that I was able to take my kids to visit there grandma, despite the fact that dh couldn't make the trip. I'm so glad that Edith was able to enjoy her grandkinds and I for a few days.

I've been meaning to post an update for days and have not been able to find the time, besides the fact that the news we got wasn't good and so I've kind of been delaying talking about it. Turns out they cannot do surgery. The cancer that she has is fast moving and the doctors say she has about 6 to 12 months to live. They started chemotherapy and radiation, which I honestly don't think I would do if I was in her situation.but im not so who am i to say right?! Sam is devastated, it hurts me so bad to see my husband hurting so bad. He's leaving to go up there on Friday and he'll be staying for a week.

The other day I talked to my fil (Richard) for a few minutes on the phone and it made me so sad, this man has been married to this woman for 48 years and he's going to loose her, it devastates me. When I got off the phone Nathalie asked me why I was sad. I told her I was sad because Grandma is sick and in the hospital, and Nathalie said "It's okay mommy Grandma is going to get all better and then her will come and visit us and then you'll be happy." and that made me smile. I love my Nathalie.

2 comments:

chanale said...

Oh, Erika, I'm so sorry to hear that. :( Cancer is such a horrible disease. You have such a sweet, optimistic daughter.

veganmomma said...

Sometimes I hate being a grownup. Because we have to deal with such difficult issues, and then we have these little people just watching how we deal with everything and soaking it all up. It is a lot of pressure sometimes!
I am sending positive thoughts your way, especially towards your MIL.